Sales & Account Manager (with a twist)
Stod Fold Brewing Company was established at Stod Fold, Ogden, Halifax in 2013 and has been growing steadily since. We have quickly earned ourselves a reputation as a reliable and energetic young enterprise with a small team dedicated to producing high quality, award winning craft ales.
With a view to expansion in 2017 and beyond, we are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our team whose primary function is to drive the Sales and Account Management function to the next level.
The successful candidate will be a highly-organised and flexible team player who understands the collaborative effort required to propel Stod Fold to the next stage of its evolution.
Being commercially astute and a first-rate communicator is essential to finding success in this role. The Sales and Account Management function sits at the heart of our expansion plans and provides a unique opening for a talented and dynamic individual to play a key role in growing the company.
The future opportunity exists to become a shareholder/partner in our business. Therefore, the successful candidate will spend Fridays assisting our head brewer at the brewery and doing so learning all aspects of the industrial process. This will often be the physical and repetitive work that is ultimately the core of any brewery. We need every member of our small team to be hands on.
N.B. In the right candidate, we value sincere enthusiasm, energy and the desire to learn, just as highly as trade expertise and experience. If you think you have the qualities needed, but lack exactly the right experience and existing skills, please don’t hesitate to apply.
- Design, develop and implement sales growth and account management strategy for the Yorkshire area
- Deliver exceptionally high levels of customer service and ongoing account management
- Identify new account opportunities, schedule sales activity, meet sales growth targets
- Balance the dual responsibilities of new business with existing client management
- Identify and implement staff product training and awareness at key account sites
- Take the lead role in the company’s social media channels and website management
- Effective management of administrative tasks including; receiving orders, raising and processing invoices, designing and implementing delivery schedules
- Create sales reports to feedback sales activities to the team on a weekly basis
- Develop and maintain a customer database
- Strong financial management skills, with demonstrable attention to detail
- Gain an understanding of the industrial side of the business, spending one day a week assisting the head brewer, supporting and learning the end to end process
- Be ambitious, confident and self-motivated
- Have the ability to work flexibly, supportively and collaboratively within a small team
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Be commercially minded, with strong negotiation skills and a can-do attitude to problem solving
- Be energetic, able to handle a sometimes physically demanding role
- Be comfortable working with a mix of on the road and office based tasks
- Proficient IT skills, specifically with Word, Excel, social media, web platforms and the ability to learn and use new software
- Knowledge of the pub/bar environment in Yorkshire
- Have an understanding and an enthusiastic interest in craft beer
- Be available to work in the UK without restriction
- A full clean driving licence valid in the UK
Desirable but not essential
- Existing hospitality experience or sales experience in another field
- An understanding of the market for real ale in cask
- Experienced based – Extremely competitive salary and company car with the addition of commission and bonus structure.
- Future share/partnership opportunities for the individual successful in the role.
- We would like to be more specific, but we are looking at applicants across the full spectrum. We feel that an industry stalwart with bags of experience and contacts requires a different package to a whippersnapper hop head with little more than a big pile of enthusiasm to offer! We do see great merit in both and all the shades of grey between.
Please send your C.V. with a covering email to email@example.com by 28th Feb 2017 explaining why you believe you are the right candidate for this role and what you will bring to the Stod Fold team. We look forward to hearing from you!